For PSV and HGV Operators
|At IBPTS we have a database of Standard National & International Transport Management CPC holders (PSV & HGV) who are UK residents based nationwide who can as act as "External Transport Mangers" for operators operating 1 to 14 vehicles. |
All CPC Holders on the IBPTS database have been vetted and approved to act as "External Transport Managers"
IBPTS will endeavour to find a suitable "External Transport Manager" for operators. It is the operator's responsibility to agree terms, conditions, fees and contract with prospective "External Transport Manager". If IBPTS are successful in finding an operator a suitable "External Transport Manager" a one off fee of £50 will be charged.
Duties and Responsibilities of the External Transport Manager
In compliance with regulation (EC) 1071/2009 an "External Transport Manager" is required to have a proactive continuous effective responsibility role with the operator.
"External Transport Managers" are normally required to live within 2 hours drive of the operator's operating centre and be available 24/7.
• Ensure, Advised and Instruct the operator to be compliant to operating legislation.
• Ensure & oversee that an effective vehicle defect reporting system is in place.
• Vehicle maintenance planning.
• Ensure all vehicles are operated in a roadworthy condition.
• Ensure & oversee that correct vehicle maintenance procedures (PMI's and repairs) are in place.
• Monitor External Maintenance Contractors & visit workshops regularly.
• Ensure vehicles are presented for PMI's on the correct dates.
• Ensure vehicles are booked in & presented for MOT's on the correct dates.
• Monitor OCRS scores & encounter reports.
• Maintain & Audit maintenance records & ensure they are kept for 15 months.
• Ensure drivers conduct daily walk round checks efficiently.
• Liable for any shortcomings in maintenance & PG9's PG13's issued.
• Attend prearranged DVSA inspections at operating centres.
• Oversee vehicle scheduling.
• Responsible for effectively managing drivers.
• Ensure Drivers are schedule in compliance to EEC & Domestic driving rules.
• Ensure driver's cards & VU's are downloaded at the required intervals.
• Maintain and keep driving records for a period of 12 months.
• Regularly check drivers digital & analogue tachographs charts/printouts.
• Provide warnings of any driving Infringements to drivers.
• Check drivers vocational driving licences every 6 months.
• Ensure, Arrange & oversee "Driver CPC Training" program.
• Be approachable & available for drivers.
• Provide training to drivers.
• Driver CRB checks.
• Operator Licence variation applications.
The "External Transport Manger" is categorised as part-time employee regardless of being self-employed. The following obligatory weekly hours he/she are to required to work for an operator is determined by the number of vehicles permitted to operate on the operators licence as shown below:
• 2 or less vehicles = 8 hours
• 3 to 5 vehicles = 15 hours
• 5 to 10 vehicles = 20 hours
• 11 to 15 vehicles = 25 hours
• Over 15 vehicles = Be employed full time as an "Internal Transport Manager".
It is extremely important that the "Operator and External Transport Manager" have a good rapport to maintain compliance. Non-compliance will result in being in front of the "Traffic Commissioner" at. a "Public Inquiry". "External Transport Managers" can be called to "Transport Manager Public Inquiry" if they are not fulfilling their obligations to the operator(s) which can result in repute being lost for a prolong or indefinite period until competence has been restored and approved by the "Traffic Commissioner"
IBPTS has successfully provided "External Transport Managers" for various PSV and Goods Vehicles operators throughout the UK.
|Transport Manager Recruitment |
IBPTS External Transport Manager Database
IBPTS are seeking holders of Standard "National or International Transport Management CPC" Nationwide to join our database with prospects as acting as “External Transport Managers” for our clients.
To be eligible to be place on our database, you are required to have sufficient time within your working week and normal employment to be able to continuously and effectively fulfil the proactive role as "External Transport Manager". Have good knowledge of current operating legislation and compliance.
• Be of Good Repute & Professionally Competent.
• Conversant with PSV Operator Licensing.
• Conversant with DVSA maintenance procedures & protocol.
• Conversant with DVSA inspections planned & unplanned.
• Conversant with Domestic & EEC Driving Rules/Regulations.
• Conversant with Analogue & Digital Tachograph.
• Conversant with the "Working Time Directive".
• Conversant with Driver Management.
• Conversant with Driver CPC training.
If you feel you have the qualities to be placed on the IBPTS "Eternal Transport Managers Database" either call us for an informal chat or post/email your CV.
We cannot guarantee you any "External Transport Managers" positions but when a position is available in your area, you will be contacted by IBPTS.
IBPTS will provide Operators details of "External Transport Managers" on the database. Operators and prospective "External Transport Managers" are required to negotiate their terms, conditions and contracts.
"External Transport Managers" can legally transport manager 4 operators with a maximum of 50 vehicles, subject to the number of hours work (proactive continuous effective responsibility) for each operator, travelling time, location of the operating centre and the approval of the “Traffic Commissioner".
|For further information call 01394 672344 or Email email@example.com|